The Centre for Regulation of Transport by Hire Care (TransAD)
About the Company
The Center for Regulation of Transport by Hire Cars (TransAD) was established pursuant to Law No. (19/2006) issued by HH Shiekh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE and Ruler of Abu Dhabi.
The aim of TransAD is to develop, regulate, monitor and continually improve the services provided by hire cars in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. TransAD is a corporate body enjoying financial and administrative independence and a complete legal status to operate under the patronage and guidance of the Chairman of the Department of Transport (DOT) of Abu Dhabi.
BUSINESS NEED OF TransADRequest placed by the Company
- Define work flow of application dynamically.
- Application Modules
New Taxis License issue | Renew Taxi License | Replace Taxi License| Cancel Taxi License
Transfer Taxis Operation Region | Transfer Shift Of Taxi| Taxi Class Transfer | Suspend Taxis
New CNG Kit Request | Renew CNG Kit | Replace CNG Kit | Group Policy Creation
- Conduct inspection of Taxis using Tablet.
- Utility to Schedule Inspection and view schedule in graphical view.
- Dashboard Reporting Facility
- Dashboard User Pending Action Indicator and One Click execution of pending action
- Design Dynamic Question and Questionnaire
- Inspection result to be calculated by system using the answer weightage, category weightage, questionnaire weightage, weightage defining must be a configuration.
- User action indicated Dashboard
- Online and Offline Inspection using dynamic Questionnaire designed from the Desktop application.
- Calculate Inspection result with algorithm define by desktop application against the questionnaire.
- Capture inspection image.
- Upload and download data through GSM/WIFI connectivity.
- View previous Inspection log.
Integration to 3rd party application
- Abu Dhabi Police traffic and violation system
- Microsoft GP – Finance module
- Microsoft GP – HR Module
- Cert – online Vehicle tracking System (for suspension and activation of taxi)
- TranAD In-house Application
Company core process of licensing and regulation of taxis where handle in their inhouse developed application, which was having only a minimal track on the process undergone. Inspection and licensing of taxis where conducted manually and documented in paper, to retrieve a backward data which was almost equal to impossible. No process flow where there in the application. Inspection where conducted with a single questionnaire and no image of vehicle where captured so that the licensing manager can evaluate the condition of the vehicle.
Application Work Flow
Highlights of the Application Delivered
- Arabic and English Interface
- Multi-User Role Access feature
- Atomization of the process with user definable work flow configuration
- Email and SMS integrated for user action notification
- Dashboard user action Notification
- Single click dashboard reporting facility
- User configurable reporting utility
- Pivot Reporting feature for dynamic analysis of report.
- Application configuration utility manageable from interface.
- User friendly design
Application Technology& Features
- SQL Server 2008 R2 database
- .NET 4.5 framework
- C# Programing language
- WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) UI Architecture.
- WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) Web Service Architecture
- Microsoft ClickOnce Technology
- DevExpress v12.2 UI Controls.
- Solution seamlessly integrated with third party application such as Microsoft GP, Cert, AD Police, TransAD.
- Application can be launched from anywhere with a single requirement – “Internet”